Saturday, 29 November 2014

Jolly Robin by Donna Ratcliff


 
 
 
Morning all! I have a real soft spot for the Alice Palace stamps produced by Crafty Individuals so had a bit of a play with the ‘Jolly Robin’ for today’s make…….
 

What I used


White Card Blank
Crafty Individuals, Alice Palace Designs – Jolly Robin 
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil – Holly Bough 
Spectrum Noir AquaTints – Essentials, Bright and Beautiful 
Cut and Dry Foam 
Glycerin ……..available from all chemists

 

What I did….


1. I stamped the robin onto a piece of white card and then painted him using the Bright and Beautiful AquaTint set. 

2. Once I’d got him all painted I put a tiny, tiny amount of glycerin onto a piece of Cut and Dry Foam and then picked up some AquaTint onto the foam and blended on a background, darkening the edges as I went…
 
 
 
 
 

3. To make the background sheet I used some of the gold from the Essentials AquaTint set and worked it through the holly stencil using another bit of cut and dry. I also blended a bit around the edges and over the top…
 
 
 
 
 

4. Then again using a tiny bit of glycerine on some Cut and Dry Foam I blended some colour over the top, the gold works as a perfect resist. 
 
5. Then I simply mounted everything up onto a card blank.
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful and the robin is so striking against the lovely background! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Donna. Love the background you created for the fab jolly robin.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab work with those tints Donna, a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...