Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Happiness is a Way of Life by Alison Hall


 
 
 

Using black paint through a stencil on a Gelli Plate print is an easy way to make a dramatic background. If you haven't got a Gelli Plate, you could use some patterned paper instead.

 

Here's what I used... 


Kaisercraft Clear Stamp - Way of Life
Gold Mirror Card
Gold Brads

 

Here's what I did...

 

1. I laid the stencil over my Gelli Plate print then loaded the stencil brush with black paint. The trick is to not use too much paint, so I dabbed most of the paint off, then applied it through the stencil. Once the paint was dry, I trimmed around the stenciled image, then matted first onto black card, then onto gold.
 

2. I stamped and clear embossed the Kaisercraft quote onto another piece of my Gelli Plate print, trimmed around the quote, then matted this onto black & gold card.
 

3. I put my card together, added some layered Prima flowers & brads, and I was done.

 

Happy crafting,


 
Alison xxx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Alison!! beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black really is dramatic, Alison.And such an elegant card. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the black paint really adds an elegant and lush feel to your card, love it! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fabulous card Alison and a wonderfully striking background too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stencil, it looks so striking with the black background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...