Thursday, 6 November 2014

Day Out Canvas by Carol Fox


 
 
 

Like most crafters I keep a box where I pop all the odd bits of backgrounds and images I have stamped and not used into, and when my mojo is a bit low like it is this week, I lucky dip into the box hoping that what I bring out will kick start a project. Well I dipped in an brought out the Lady image, she was tagged together with the car so it seemed a good place to start.
 

I found the stamp plate with the car on it and stamped the whole thing onto tissue paper, I then flipped it over and coloured the back by applying some colour from a Distress ink pad onto my craft mat, spritzing it and then laying the tissue down onto the colour. I put this to one side to dry.
 

I stamped elements from CI-307 and CI-022 onto cream card. I then gently inked these with the same colour Distress ink.
 

I applied a coat of Mod Podge to a small canvas and carefully laid the tissue background down onto this, gently applying another coat of Mod Podge to the surface, gently burnishing it down with my paintbrush as I did this.
 

I filled in any gaps with a leaf stencil and green paint. I used a small flower stamp to add a bit of interest to the area, colouring the flowers with a bit of pink paint.
 

I bordered the canvas with a bit of black paint applied with Cut and Dry. I then stuck down my images as shown.
 

I added two eyelets to the top and a short length of ribbon to hang it.

 

I used 


Crafty Individuals Rubber Stamps - CI-325, CI-307, CI-022, CI-322, CI-206
Acrylic Paint
Distress Ink Pad - Dried Marigold
Black Archival Ink
Eyelets, Ribbon and Canvas

 

Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...