Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Custom Washi Tape Card by Alison Hall



 

 

Wouldn't it be nice to have coloured washi tape that matches perfectly with your project? I've made a simple card with my hand made washi tape, but you could use it on scrapbook pages, art journals, canvasses, anything!

 

Here's what I used... 


Masking Tape
Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint - Hey Pesto, Bora Bora, Orchid
StazOn Ink Pads - Olive Green, Teal Blue, Fuchsia Pink
Kaisercraft Clear Single Stamps - Confidence, Chevron, Tiny Dot, Numbers
Adhesive Gems - Turquoise
Cream Card
Ranger Inkssentials Cut n Dry Foam

 

Here's what I did...

 

1. I began by sticking some strips of masking tape to my craft mat. Then I used the Cut n Dry Foam to apply the Fresco paints. I used a couple of layers of paint to get a good coverage.

 
2. I used co-ordinating StazOn inks to stamp the tapes with the Kaisercraft backgrounds, as shown.
 
 
 
 

3. I added torn pieces of my washi tape to a cream card, then stamped the phrase from the Kaisercraft 'Confidence' set, using Olive Green StazOn ink. I added some turquoise adhesive gems as a finishing touch.
 

I've just made a very simple card, but there are many more ideas on YouTube. How about wrapping pieces of tape around a glass jar, to make a pretty vase or candle holder.

 

Thanks for dropping by,

 

Alison x

7 comments:

  1. Love your card, the clean and simple look is so hard to achieve, but this is perfect. Love the home made washi tape too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool idea and a fabulous card too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and a great idea.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous Alison. Custom washi tape is such a great idea and the card looks so classy.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love making my own washi tape Alison, saves lots of pennies and it matches your project. Thanks for the inspiration and such a lovely card :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the simplicity of the card design because it really makes the handmade washi tape pop all the more.
    A really great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, strong contemporary look to this card. I love making Washi tape. It really gives an individual look to a project and you have used this in such an original and fresh way, Alison. Love the sentiment too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...