Saturday, 15 November 2014

Cracker Box by Donna Ratcliff


 
 
 
Morning all! I’m so happy to see the gorgeous AquaTints which are now available on the site, so I thought I’d do a simple little box project that showed a little of the versatility of these lovely little pots of colour. I’ve had mine for a month or so now and I love the incredible versatility of them and the wonderful vibrancy of colour!
 

What I used


Oxford Impressions – Christmas Wish, Sleigh Bells
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Bright and Beautiful, Essentials, Perfectly Primary
Cut n Dry Foam
Glycerin
Gold Ribbon

 

What I did….


1. So first off I cut or should I say punched myself a candy box using the Punch Board.  These boards are so easy to use and the instructions are all printed on them so for someone like me who never knows where instruction books are its perfect!
 
 
 

2. Now to add some colour with the AquaTints. I really like the way you can overlay the colours and have the colours be able to show through each other……to start with I simply, and roughly, brushed on some patches of colour……
 
 
 

3. Then to darken the edges I took a bit of Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam with a tiny bit of glycerine on it and some dark blue AquaTint and blended round all the edges.

4. Now unlike most watercolour paints these AquaTints will let you faux bleach quite happily, so for another layer of interest I splashed on a bit of water, left it for a few seconds and then blotted….
 
 
 

5. Now to add some stamping, I took the holly stamp and lightly painted it with some of the gold AquaTint from the Essentials kit…
 
 
 

6. Also used the gold to edge the box with, simply by wiping my loaded brush off against the edge of the card. The gold and silver in the Essentials set are different from the other AquaTints in the fact that they are acrylic based so if you put it on thickly and heat it, it will bubble…..cool!
 
 
 

7. Now all I had to do was stick the box together, add some ribbon and a little central stamped panel.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
 
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. Really sumptuous, Donna. The gold on top and on the edges really adds to the luxury look. Think I'm going to have to get some Aquatints (to add to all the other colouring mediums I have! LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...