Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Christmas Is Coming by Alison Hall


 

 

I'm still having fun experimenting with the gorgeous Brusho Crystal Colours, & today I have a quick and easy Christmas card to share with you.

 

Ingredients 


Brusho Crystal Colour - Emerald Green & Scarlet
Ranger Mini Mister
Black Card

 

Instructions

 

1. I misted a piece of white card (4 x 4 ins), then sprinkled on some emerald green Brusho Crystals. I was amazing to see the yellow & blue colours appear, as well as different shades of green, from just this emerald Crystal Colour. I let the colour drip a little then dried the ink with a heat gun.
 

2. Next, I stamped the image with onyx black Versafine ink, then heat set it with the heat gun.
 

3. I mounted my artwork onto black card, then attached it to a kraft card to finish. 
 

4. I also made a card using the scarlet Brusho Crystals. I flicked water onto this background, then blotted with kitchen towel, to get the water splash effect. The stamping didn't work as well as I hoped, so I stamped the image onto white card, matted it on black, then glued it over my mistake.
 
 
 
 

 

I'll be back next Wednesday with another Brusho Crystal Colour project.

 

Alison x

10 comments:

  1. It's looking good. I will play with mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is such a new look for a Christmas card! I love the splash of colour. What a great effect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lovely Brusho technique, Alison. Cards are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those funky Crhistmas cards, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With backgrounds such as those there really is no need for bells and whistles. I like that you simply stamped a sentiment, leaving the glorious background so prominent.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so myfavourite style! Gorgeous both, the first is stunning, but in red,too, is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contemporary look of these cards and that you rescued the gorgeous red one! That stamp is a stunner too.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both fabulous! You have inspired me! I must use my Brushos xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are really excellent and so different, i love them. great splashes of vibrant color! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...