Wednesday, 1 October 2014

You Radiate Beauty by Alison Hall


 

 

Hi Everyone! I have a bright, mixed media tag to share with you today.

 

Here's What I Used... 


Kaisercraft Clear Stamps - Chevron & Sketchy
Ranger Archival Ink Pads - Jet Black & Sienna
Orange Chiffon Ribbon
Book Paper
Old Credit Card

 

Here's What I Did...

 

1. I started by squeezing a tiny blob of the Dina Wakley Ruby Acrylic near the top of the tag, then I used the old credit card to scrape the paint down the tag.
 

2. Next, I spritzed the Dylusions Squeezed Orange Ink through the Mini Retrobursts template, in a couple of places.
 

3. I used Sienna Archival Ink to partially stamp the Kaisercraft Chevrons randomly, then inked the edges of the tag with Jet Black Archival.
 

4. I painted a thin layer of Snowflake Fresco Finish Acrylic on some book paper, dried it, stamped the woman's face from Dina Wakley's Face In The Crowd Stamp Set with Jet Black Archival Ink, then cut it out.
 

5. I used the collage glue stick to adhere the face to my tag, then used a waterbrush to add some colour with Sienna Archival Ink, & watered down Sky Acrylic.
 

6. I used Sky acrylic & a sponge to stencil some words from the Affirmations Stencil, then partially stamped Kaisercraft Sketchy with Jet Black Archival randomly on the tag. 
 

7. I stamped the phrase from Face in the Crowd in black, then used the old credit card to stamp some lines with Snowflake Acrylic.
 

8. I sprayed some lace with the Squeezed Orange ink, and glued it to the bottom of the tag with Glossy Accents.
 

9. I finished my tag off with some orange chiffon ribbon, heated with a heat gun, to crinkle it.

 

I hope I've inspired you to make some mixed media art.

 

Thanks for visiting,

 

Alison xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love that wonderful bright background, Alison. Sets off the Dina face beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving that background too Alison - your colour choice is stunning. The face looks really good on the script too. Yummy tag!
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous tag - great background.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous background and I like that sentiment so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...