Saturday, 4 October 2014

Vintage Christmas by Donna Ratcliff

 
 
 
 
 

Okay so I know we’re in October the month of all things spooky, but I had an urge to do a festive tag! So I got out my Oxford Impressions Christmas stamps, a few distress inks and a bit of distress glitter and had a play.
 

What I used

Oxford Impressions – Christmas Wish, Sleigh Ride
 
 

What I did….

1. I started by applying some Distress ink direct to my mat, spritzing with water and then dragging my tag through it to pick up the colour.
 
 
 
 
 

2. Then I stamped some snowflakes in Broken China and a portion of the large Christmas Tree from the Christmas Wish plate in the bottom left corner. 
 
3. I stamped one of the figures from the Sleigh Ride plate onto a scrap of white card, cut her out and painted her with Distress inks.
 
4. I coloured a smaller tag with matching colours and then stamped the sentiment onto it.
 
5. To add the glitter I used some Cosmic Shimmer glue and simply dipped the edges into the Distress glitter which I had previously tipped onto a piece of paper to make life a little easier. Love the vintage gold look that the Antique Linen Distress Glitter gives you.  Once the glitter was dry I glued the smaller tag in place and added some pale blue ribbon.
 
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous tag to get us in the mood for Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...