Saturday, 25 October 2014

The Big Apple by Donna Ratcliff


 
 
 
 

Morning all! I’ve had a play today with one of the new Sheena Douglass masks and teamed it with one of my favourite Tim Holtz stamp sets.
 

What I used

Sheena Douglass Mask – The Big Apple
Tim Holtz Stamps – Time Travellers
Kaisercraft Clear Stamps - Confidence
Die Cutting Machine
 
 

What I did….

1. First of all I covered the stencil with Black Soot Distress ink, placed it on a sheet of white card and ran it through my Big Shot. Wasn’t really worried about it embossing I just wanted to transfer the ink and it was the quickest way.
 
 
 

2. Once that was done I trimmed it all down and coloured the background by blending on various colours of Distress…….(NOTE: you might want to give the Black Soot a quick blast with a heat gun just to stop it blending when you add the other colours.) I also lightly stamped some of the cogs from the Time Travellers.
 
3. Then I stamped the figure from the Time Travellers set, cut him out and coloured him with Distress Inks in colours to tone with the background. Once he was coloured I glued him in place.
 
4. To finish off I stamped one of the sentiments from the Kaisercraft Confidence set, cut it out, shaded the edges and glued in place.
 
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
  

Donna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...