Thursday, 30 October 2014

Summer in a Box by Carol Fox


 

 

I have another Gelli project for you today, this time decorating a wooden box.
 

To start I removed all the hardware from my and gave it a coat of gesso. I then put 3 small spots of paint onto my Gelli Plate and brayered to mix until they had covered the surface of my plate.
 

I now pressed my box onto the painty Gelli Plate, lifting it and turning to press the top and sides onto the plate in turn. If you have the A4 sized plate you can get all the sides covered in one go, if you have a smaller one you will need to re-apply the paint to get all your boxed covered. The gesso will be slightly visible and give a crackled and aged appearance to your box.
 
 
 
 
 
 

The paint is sucked into the gesso and dries very quickly and gives a muted shade of the paint which is a nice tone to stamp onto.
 

I applied black acrylic paint to the edges of the box to give it a border and then sealed it with Glossy Glue and Seal and let this dry thoroughly.
 
 

 


I used Black Archival ink and stamped my images directly onto my box, masking as necessary. I gave it another coat of glue and seal.
 

I replaced the hardware onto the box.

 

I used 


Gesso: The Dina Wakley one is nice and thick and only needed one coat on the wood
Black Archival Ink Pad
A box from my stash


Carol

2 comments:

  1. Love the colour never thought of using the Gelli plate for this great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this box Carol, my favourite colours too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...