Monday, 27 October 2014

Something to Write About by Deborah


 

 

Dina Wakley Media Cling Mount Stamps: All the Gals, From the Past
Neocolor II water soluble pastels (substitute Gelatos or watercolour pencils)
Double Sided Tape, Glue Stick
Navy blue card from my stash
 

 

This card is about putting together gelli prints, stencilled and painted papers (and paper scraps) from your stash in a pleasing combination. It's all too easy when you get a new stencil or paints to end up with piles of prints and papers which end up in a box or folder.

 
I actually started with the stamped faces, stamping several times in black archival ink on different scraps of sprayed and stencilled paper from my stash.  I cut them out and spent some time arranging them, deciding which ones went well together. Then I looked for a background.
 

I'd created a gelli print using the 12" x 12" Geometric Art Layers stencil on the 6" x 6" gelli plate.

I tend to grab whatever paint is to hand and don't always remember what colours I've used but I know the dark blue/black is Dina Wakley's Night.  
 

Once I had chosen  three faces, i cropped the print and I  stamped the mesh from Bitty Grunge along the bottom. I glued the faces down and I outlined them with white, yellow and olive green Neocolor II  pastels to lift them from the busy background. You could use any watercolour media, or even Promarkers.
 

The words (chopped up from different From the Past sentiments) were stamped onto off- cuts from my gelli print.


Deborah

9 comments:

  1. A brilliant card, the background is fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love this and I can't wait to get my hands on that set of ladies, I love them, just a bit out of my price range at the mo :o( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background works so brilliantly with the Gal(s) - also a wonderful composition.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and card, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a real stunner Debs and your gals look fabulous stamped on gelli papers.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...