Friday, 17 October 2014

Smile by Fliss Goodwin



 

 

Hi there, I’m back again this week after a short break and can say that smiling is something that I haven’t felt like doing lately as those of you following my blog may realise. We had a break in at home 3 weeks ago today and the horrible person managed to leave the house with all our portable technology, which meant that as he took my laptop, computer access has been rather sporadic! I decided to make something to cheer myself up and I hope you like it.

 

I Used: 

Kaisercraft Single Clear Stamps – Flourish, Smile
Distress Inks – Wild Honey, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade

 

What I Did:
 

·       I made the background paper first by applying patches of the Distress inks to the craft sheet, misting with water and then pressing in a piece of white card cut to fit my card blank. I pressed it on several times, drying with the heat gun in between until I was happy with the colour.
 

·       I then used the flourish stamp to add texture, inking up with the Spiced Marmalade and stamping 3 times to cover the inked card. I then ran the black ink round the edges for definition.
 

·       I stamped Clara on white card with black ink, trimmed her to a panel and then added a mat of black card to leave a black border all round.
 

·       I then stamped the text directly on the background paper at the top left corner and glued this to a white square card blank. I added the Clara panel to finish.

 

Don’t forget to check out the Challenge Blog later as we have a new challenge for you at 8am and there’s a chance to win a £20 voucher to the online shop.

 

See you next week.

 

Fliss x

1 comment:

  1. Fliss, I had no idea this happened to you (my blog time has been hit and miss for some time). You poor thing, life has been harsh for you lately.
    Your card is beautiful, I like the way you used that stamp, creating a contemporary feel to your card.
    Take good care of yourself.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...