Monday, 6 October 2014

For Sherry - Mini Tent Card by Deborah




  

Dina Wakley: All the Gals
ProMarkers: Pear Green, Bright Orange, Cool Grey 1, Umber
Ranger Archival Ink: Coffee, Jet Black
Gelli Plate
Speedball Brayer
Acrylic Paints
White Card
plus
Stencil with a circular, radiating pattern eg
 Crafter's Workshop: Grandma's Doily, Well Rounded (12 x 12)

 


I like to grab a random handful of stencils and play with one of my gelli plates ( I confess, I have 3 sizes - the 6 x 6 probably gets the most use). I print onto all sorts of card and paper and this time I used up a box of blank white business cards, placing them two at a time on my 6 x 6 plate so that only part of the stencil is transferred.

I hadn't realised the Crafter's Workshop stencil I used for this card is discontinued (it's pretty old) so I've given alternatives in the product list. This is actually the second or third pull from the plate, which is why it's nice and patchy.

My Dina Wakley 'Gal' is stamped in Coffee Archival ink and coloured with ProMarkers. I picked 3 words from the same stamp plate and stamped them in Jet Black, following the line of the rays. I edged the card with Umber ProMarker then mounted it on an off-cut of white card to make a mini tent card.  
 
All the Gals is one of my favourite stamp plates of recent months. It easily matches Ms Wakley's extremely popular Scribbly Birds for versatility, in my opinion. I just love the look and the way they stamp (already cut out and mount cushion-mounted). 
 
 

Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Fab card Debs. Love the colours and the radiating background pattern which is very subtle behind the image.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Deb! Love that background! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - it is indeed striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunburst of bold orange and the woman looks beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adore everything about this Deborah. The whole design with the sunburst and that scratchy look is perfect. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...