Thursday, 2 October 2014

Domino Fridge Magnets by Carol Fox



 

 

I have a quick make to share with you this week. I enjoy decorating dominos as it makes you look at your rubber stamp collection in a very different way, using partial images to use from a larger plate is a great way to get a little bit of extra use from your stamps, and as anyone who knows me by now will realise I do have a real love for all things Alice, so of course I had to use the Wonderland Collage from the Artistic Outpost.

 

It is all very basic.

 

I lightly sanded my domino to remove any sealant on the bare side, I also removed the spinner pin (if yours has one) so I would be able to get my magnet on the back later. I did this just by grabbing the top of the pin with a pair of pliers.
 

I wiped it with a piece of damp kitchen roll to remove any dust residue and dried it with my heat gun. I then used black StazOn to stamp my image. The best way to do this is to place your stamp on your desk, ink it as usual and then instead of taking the stamp to the domino, press the domino onto the part of the inked image that you want to use. Be very careful not to twist the domino at all when removing it as this will smudge your image.
 

Heat dry it. Colour it using your favourite medium, I used my Prisma Pencils, but any permanent medium will do just as well. I have just used acrylic paint in the past.
 

Seal with a coat of Glossy Accents. When dry, flip over and attach a magnet to the back.
 

There you have it, a quick RAK or a little stocking filler and a new way to look at your existing stamp collection.

 

I used 


Pencils or paint for colouring
Small Magnet
A domino from a basic set
 
 

Carol x

2 comments:

  1. Might be pretty basic as you call it, but it is also pretty nice !
    Lovely little presents !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...