Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Contemporary Nature Tag by Alison Hall



 

 

I had the urge to use blue & purple this week, so I picked out a couple of lovely shades in PaperArtsy Fresco paint, & created this contemporary tag.

 

Here's what I used... 


PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Snowflake, Lake Wanaka, Eggplant
PaperArtsy Eclectica Stamp Sets - Ellen Vargo - EEV06 & EEV10
Crochet Lace
Ranger Distress Stains - Dried Marigold & Vintage Photo
Book Paper

 

Here's what I did...

 

1. I began by using a brayer to apply snowflake paint to the tag, then added a layer of Lake Wanaka. Then I added some light touches of the eggplant paint.
 

2. I stamped the hollow circles from EEV06 up the left side of the tag, using the eggplant paint, then stamped the smaller hollow circles across the bottom and lightly on the background.
 

3. I used the Onyx Black Versafine ink to stamp the flower from EEV10, then clear embossed it whilst the ink was still wet. I stamped and embossed the flower head onto book paper, painted it with watered down Eggplant, cut it out, then glued it over the top of the flower on the tag, using Matte Medium. I also painted the stem with Eggplant.
 

4. I stamped and clear embossed the phrase from EEV10, then underlined it with a fine black pen, & added some orange gems. I also used the black pen to add dots inside the circles at the bottom edge of the tag.
 

5. I edged the tag with black ink, then added ribbon & lace, coloured with the Distress Stains, to finish.

 

I hope you like my contemporary tag. Purple & orange are not just for halloween! Lol!

 

Until next time,

 

Alison x

6 comments:

  1. the colors are just lovely. such a dreamy feel. i love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag, love the background, makes such a great setting for the vocal stamp! Loving the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag with a lovely boldness to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag, Alison. I love how you've used the Ellen Vargo stamps on the background and the tulip looks lovely on the page of text.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning and beautiful, tag, Alison! A gorgeous colour and a fabulous composition too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...