Monday, 13 October 2014

A Little Bit Vintage - Card and ATC by Deborah






 

Dina Wakley Media Cling Mount Stamps: From the Past; All the Gals
Distress Inks: Iced Spruce, Vintage Photo
Ranger Archival Ink: Coffee
ProMarkers: Tea Green, Umber, Cinnamon, Ice Grey 4
Double Sided Tape
Matte Gel Medium (or other strong glue)
From my stash: Twine, Buttons

 

I don't usually do 'vintage' - not because I don't like it but because a lot of other people do (and much better than me). However, I do like Dina Wakley's style so chose to work with her new From the Past set.
 
 



 

Card:

For the focal image on the card I inked up the stamp with Iced Spruce Distress Ink then dabbed a bit of the Vintage Photo on top, which gives a lovely two one effect. I did the same with the 'mathematical' washi stamp. Then I cropped the card, used a duster brush to add some Iced Spruce to the white parts and edged with Tea Green and Ice Grey 4 ProMarkers.
 

I used the same inks for the background (Tim Holtz's tried and true wrinkle-free Distress technique) then stamped the tape image in Iced Spruce all over it. Once I had cut it to size and coloured the edges with various shades of ProMarker, I stamped the words in Coffee Archival ink on a scrap of card which I then coloured with Tea Green and edged in the Ice Grey 4.
 

I attached the twine with a tiny square of double sided tape and the buttons with a gel medium.


 
 
 
 
ATC:

I had some background paper left so I stamped another From the Past woman in Coffee Archival, edged with ProMarker then matted and layered it onto a scrap of kraft card that I had wiped the Iced Spruce pad over. I stamped the words from All the Gals onto scraps of paper, again coloured with Tea Green.
  
 
 
Deborah

5 comments:

  1. Well, being a lover of vintage, I adore both of these! Great colour combo and I love the backgrounds to the cards. Having said that, the stamped images look brilliant too in the two tone effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning effect. They were on my Wish List anyway but now they have leapt right up to the top of that list. Love what you created.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two tone effect Deb, they look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another two masterpieces that I love !!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...