Wednesday, 29 October 2014

A Friend For Jolly Robin by Alison Hall



 

 

I love Crafty Individuals cute Alice Palace Designs Jolly Robin stamp, & decided he needed a friend.

 

Here's what I used...

PaperArtsy Smoothy White Stamping Card - 240 gsm

DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint - Primary Cyan, Raw Umber, Primary Magenta, Primary Yellow

 

and here's what I did...

 

1. First I used the Archival ink to stamp Jolly Robin on a piece of white card, leaving enough room for another robin on the right hand side.
 

2. I stamped the robin on some white tissue stock, painted him with watered down Media acrylics, then tore around the robin, the stars & snowflakes above him, & his base. I then used matte medium to glue him onto the card with my original stamped image, brushing the medium over the top also, so the tissue edges would blend out.
 

3. I then used the Media acrylic paints to watercolour the rest of the image, as shown. I mixed a little Cyan with Yellow to get the green for the trees. 
 

4. I trimmed the image then matted it onto layers of black & red card, then onto an A6 white card. To get the red card to match, I cut out my mat, then sponged the edges with the Media Primary Magenta acrylic.
 

5. I finished by using a fine black pen to define the outlines of Jolly Robin's friend.

 

The Media acrylics are great for water colouring, as they are already fluid. The colours are beautiful & intense, and a tiny blob of paint goes a very long way.

 

Thanks for dropping by,

 

Alison x

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card with some wonderful images & gorgeous colours:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with some wonderful images & gorgeous colours:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is bright and beautiful -- totally makes me happy to look at it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Alison.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever Alison and thanks for explaining about the robin as I was wondering how on earth you did it!
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tissue paper 'reverse' stamping works a treat here, Alison. Your Christmas card is most definitely Merry & Bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun that you created a friend for him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...