Saturday, 11 October 2014

A Dance Macabre by Donna Ratcliff

 
 
 
 

So I thought we’d have a little bit of spookiness this week….
 

What I used

Oxford Impressions – Danse Macabre
Tando Creative – Layered Arch with Cobweb
 

What I did….

 

1. To start off with I painted some of the pieces of the cobweb arch with black gesso, I used the main backing piece, one of the cut out arches and the front cobweb arch. Once they were painted I stuck them together with some Cosmic Shimmer glue.
 
2. Then using my finger (if you’re not so much of a mucky pup then you could use a bit of sponge!) I lightly applied some bits of white paint as highlights. I also stamped the moon in white using the paint and added a few stars using the end of a paintbrush dipped in the paint.
 
3. Then I stamped the two skeletons, a couple of the tickets, some of the wording and the owl onto some plain white card and cut them out. I added some colour to them using the Distress inks and then glued them in place…..with hindsight it would probably be easier to glue the figures down before putting the top web arch in place! Needless to say I didn’t do it that way! Lol!
 
4. To finish it off I very lightly applied some gold gilding wax to some of the edges just to give it a bit of moonlight shimmer!
 
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. Fab project Donna, love it and those stamps fit the arches so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This arch is fabulous in every detail!
    WOW wonderful and I am not even a Halloween person per se...
    altho skeletons do charm me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...