Monday, 29 September 2014

Wonder Woman by Deborah



 

 


 

For the monoprint:

Artist Cellar: Sacred Hearts - Divine
Gelli Plate
Speedball Brayer
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish: Zesty Zing, South Pacific

 

For this week's card I stamped the Dylusions Survivor image in archival ink onto a sacred heart monoprint from my stash of gelli printed papers. I had already used watercolour pencils to colour the heart.

 

Once I had stamped the image I cropped the print and then used part of the hair to stamp fronds along the bottom. I added more colour to the stamped images with the watercolour pencils and pastels. I wanted to cover up the word 'survivor' on her face so stamped 'wonderful' onto a discarded scrap from the gelli print and cut it down to form 'wonder'.

 

The sacred heart ended up pretty much incidental to the artwork, apart from adding some colour - it's the rays I liked. For me, it was an exercise in mixing new stash (the stamp) with old (the gelli print) to see what would happen.
 
 
Deborah

10 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Debs, the colour's gorgeous and I love how you've used the hair for the fronds.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a magical mystery card, really grandiose!
    Wish you a great day,
    big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dynamic it certainly is - love the rays and the way you stamped the hair to create a design element on the bottom edge of the card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great Deb! Love what you did with the hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are indeed a wonder woman! Another winner. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...