Wednesday, 24 September 2014

What Makes You Happy? by Alison Hall


 
 
 

 

Playing with Ellen Vargo stamps & Dina Wakley's fab paint makes me very happy! Here's a little hanging canvas I made.

  

I used... 


Canvas Board - 9 x 6 ins
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso - White & Black
PaperArtsy Ellen Vargo Stamp Set - EEV06
Versafine Pigment Ink - Onyx Black 
Old Credit Card
Hole Punch
Black Eyelets
Ball Chain

 

Instructions...

 

1. I started by using a palette knife to apply white gesso to the canvas board. I added texture in the wet gesso, by tapping it with the flat side of the palette knife. 
 

2. I used a brayer to apply some Sky paint, leaving lots of white bits where the texture was.
 

3. I brayered Ruby paint onto the circle stamps, stamping a row of the hollow circles, & then the distressed circles in opposite corners.
 

4. I added some lines & scrapes of black gesso, using the credit card, then stamped the small hollow circles.
 

5. I used Onyx Black Versafine ink to stamp the phrase, then, as it didn't stamp too well because of the texture, I filled in with a black journalling pen.
 

6. I inked the edges, added eyelets & ball chain, & I was done!
 
 

I'm going to hang this in my craft room, I love this colour combination, & that quote!


Until next week,
 

Alison xxx

9 comments:

  1. it is beautiful and i especially love the color combination. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great hanging to have in a craft room. It will be so inspiring with the fabulous abstract designs and zingy colour combo and that quote is just so upbeat and positive! You're bound to create more art with that hanging there and there you go - more of what makes you happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viewing your art makes me happy :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Alison. Love the grungy look and the bold colours are gorgeous.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful canvas - great colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fabulous, Alison!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great textures and a fab quote, lovely ArT mate:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...