Friday, 19 September 2014

To Die For by Fliss Goodwin


 
 
 
 

Hello there, this week I challenged myself to create something involving as many dies as I could manage as being a stamper, I normally go for stamped images. I did use stamping though – to make the paper I die cut from!

 

Here’s What You Need:

Kaisercraft Single Clear Stamps – Diamonds, Honeycomb, You!
Distress Inks – Shades of Pink, Yellow, Blue and Green
White Card Blank or make your own
Water Mister

 

Here’s How To: 

·       Make your decorated paper to die cut. I used odd pieces of manila cardstock leftover from previous projects which I saved as you never know when they’ll come in useful! I applied patches of Distress inks to the craft sheet, a light and a dark in each colour and misted with water then pressed the card in to pick up the ink.
 

·       When the card had dried, I then stamped on the pattern images with the same inks in the darker shade on the pink, blue and green coloured card. The yellow, I applied Wild Honey Distress ink with the dotty stencil.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
·       I then die cut the rose flourish from the green card and the rose section only from the same die from the pink card, together with a further rose using the larger rose die. I layered these up for a 3D effect.
 
 
·       I die cut the largest ornate frame from the yellow card. I also die cut some butterflies from the blue and pink card and stamped the sentiment with the moss ink on a scrap of the green card and hand trimmed this.
 
 
·       I used the dot stencil with Spun Sugar Distress ink on the card blank to add interest and then assembled the card as you see using a mix of double sided tape and foam pads for extra dimension.
  
 
 
I’ll see you again next week and don’t forget to check out the Challenge Blog later as a new challenge goes live at 8am today.
 
 
 
Fliss x

2 comments:

  1. Love the die cuts from your own patterned paper. The result is fabulous, Fliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cheerful card - great results with the die-cutting.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...