Friday, 26 September 2014

My Blue Heart by Fliss Goodwin



 

 

Hi there, I have a fairly simple card for you this week, which came about because I had a rummage through my bits and pieces box in search of inspiration. I came across a scrap of blue painty paper made during a session with my Stampendous Creative Palette and had a eureka moment!

 

Here’s What You Need: 

VersaColor Ink – Sky Blue, Turquoise
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints – London Bus, Sky, Antarctic, Baltic Blue
Brayer
White Card Blank

 

Here’s How To:
 

·       I made the paper I used with the Stampendous Creative Palette. The blue scrap is leftover from a larger piece made by brayering the printing plate with the Sky and Antarctic acrylic paints, misting with a little water and pressing the card on to pick up the paint.

 
·       The red paper was made by spreading the plate with the red paint using my fingers (very messy but a lovely grungy result) and adding a small amount of the dark blue then misting with water as before and pressing on the card. If you mist on more water, you can achieve several prints with this method.
 

·       I then used the heart stencil and the larger heart to make a heart shape from the blue scrap, which was almost exactly the right size for this. I simply drew round the inside and then cut the shape out. I did the same with a scrap of the red paper and the small heart to make 4 small heart shapes.
 

·       Using the wired stamp set, stamp the barbed wire on the card blank in opposite corners with the sky blue ink, adding some dot images in the centres of the rings. Then stamp the circular dot image on both the blue heart and the red panel with the turquoise ink.
 

·       I tore the edges of a panel of the red paper and assembled the card as you see, adding the text stamped with red ink on a scrap of blue painted card.
 

 

Don’t forget you still have a week to enter our challenge, All You Need Is Love, with the fabulous prize of a £20 voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner.

 

See you next week,

 
Fliss x

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous backgrounds on this beautiful card Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...