Thursday, 18 September 2014

Mad Hatter Gift Box by Carol Fox


 
 

 

It seems like the summer has suddenly ended and it has made me start to think about Christmas. I buy new cheese boxes to decorate to give sweets in at Christmas, you can re-use the ones you get cheese in, but as I don’t actually like the cheeses that come in these type of boxes it is easier for me to buy the boxes new.

 

I did this 


I started by giving my box a quick rub over with a piece of sandpaper to remove and little bits sticking up. 

I gave it a base coat of acrylic paint and when this was dry added a coat of crackle medium followed by a coat of Honeydew Fresco Paint, this paint has a nice matt finish and is perfect to rubber stamp onto.
 
I stamped my image, text and quote using black Archival Ink, and then coloured my image using water colour pencils, any medium will work to colour with on the Fresco Paint, these are just my personal preference for this type of image as they give a nice vintage finish.
 


 

I edged the box with some black acrylic paint and then sealed all the outer parts with Gloss Finish Glue and Seal, being careful not to smudge the painted image as my pencils are not waterproof.
 
When it was dry I went over the stamped words on the rim of the box with Glossy Accents to make them pop a little bit and to give the box an extra dimension.
 
 


 

I used 


 

Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...