Thursday, 25 September 2014

Elizabeth Bennet Box by Carol Fox



 

 
 

I always tend to have a little pile of boxes in the corner of my desk ready painted to decorate with images and colouring. I have used a box from this pile for my project this week.



My box was painted with Fresco Finish paint, then crackled with the crackle medium and then a 2nd layer of paint added. I usually use Honeydew or another of the pale paints for the top coat as then it is easy to rubber stamp onto and the images show up well.
 

I stamped the butterfly and Elizabeth Bennet images directly onto the box using black Archival ink. I then masked these off and filled in any gaps with the Bubble background stamp. I heat set all these to make sure they were thoroughly dry before the next step.
 

I used Pea Coat which is a translucent paint from the Fresco range to add a bit of colour to my box. I did this by dry brushing paint onto the areas where I wanted a bit more colour. I avoided the images as I would be colouring these and I built up the colour slowly, allowing it to dry between applications until I was happy with the finished look, I brushed mainly along the edges and brushing inwards from the edge so the colour faded as it got inwards.

 


 
 

I coloured my images using Pea Coat and Eggplant. I put a small amount of paint onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water to dilute it a little bit, I them applied it with a small paint brush to the areas of the image I wanted to colour.
 

I now sealed the outside of the box with Satin Finish sealer. I painted the inside lid of my box with cream paint, added my stamped image and coloured as above. I added a paper scrap to the base of the box using glue to hold it in place.

 

 
 

I put some random dots of Glossy Accents onto the box lid and then sprinkled it with an assortment of small beads that I collect from broken necklaces and other odd jewellery items.
 

I finished with some beads for feet and an old button on the front to look like a knob.
 
 

 


 

I used the following items 


IndigoBlu Rubber Stamps Elizabeth Bennet, Bubbles Background and Wild Meadow
Wooden Box
Beads
 

 

Carol x

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Carol, loving the colours and you've made Elizabeth look so lovely on the box.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the colours and the gorgeous butterflies

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...