Sunday, 21 September 2014

Amongst the Poppies I Sit by Lynne Moncrieff


 
 
 

I got a surprise when I opened the package to see the size of the Prima stamp – this stamp is huge. However, it has made me realise that in future I need to pay attention to the dimensions of a stamp!

I created this art journal style panel.

 

SUPPLIES

Prima Foam Stamps – Poppies and Peonies – Poppy Bunch
Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Paints:- Tuberose, Spiced Raspberry, Jasmine, Vanilla
Luminarte Twinkling H20s (I used a variety of pinks and reds)
Artist’s Palette Knife (or old credit card)
White Watersoluble Crayon (or substitute with Distress Paint Picket Fence)
Extras:- Muslin, fabric

 

INSTRUCTIONS
 

Tear manila cardstock into approximately three panels. Lay two panels aside for another day.

 
Adhere torn pieces of floral fabric and muslin with Gel Medium.
 

Swipe Cosmic Shimmer chalk paints onto panel. Mist with water, allowing paint to drip.  Heat set. 

 
Stamp three of the flowers onto the panel with Black Soot Distress Paint. Leave to dry.
 
 
Flick pink and red Twinkling H20s onto panel.
 
 
 
 
 

Randomly stamp handwriting (Textures stamp set) randomly.
 
 
 

 
 
Journal onto the stems of the flowers. 
 
  
 
 
 
 
Finally, flick more paint onto panel including white watersoluble crayon and apply Black Soot to edges.
 
 
 
 

 

Until next time,
 

Lynne

16 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Lynne! I love how you have journalled on the stems!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the drama of this piece, Lynne. I also bought that stamp and didn't realise how huge it was, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, love the black silhouette against those beautiful background colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bold colours and a great stamp. Wonderful details incorporated, including the journalling on the stems.

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear Lynne, this is gorgeous,
    those big poppies stamped onto your amazing background of beautiful colours and tecniques, -the little piece of cheese cloth...and I love you added a tiny red and orange to the one side , plus your scribbled stems are wonderful.
    It is a stunning piece my friend.
    Hug and xx, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeously colourful creation Lynne and a beautiful background for the silhouettes too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely brilliant Lynne - I adore that stamp - it really is huge isn't it! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My comment seems to have not been taken into account..:( Pls delete this one if not the case! :)

    I was telling that I adore this Lynne! Great use of these Prima foam stamps, I have several of them that stay unused in my stash, but now thanks to you I would love playing with them again! Your background and journaling are absolutely wonderful, fabulous make! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this Lynne, thanks for the great inspiration as usual! I have several of these large Prima foam stamps, and it's very interesting to see how you have used them, in a so gorgeous way... I must confess that mine were completely neglected! :) Love your background too, fabulous. Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this bold aj page! The writing on the stems is brilliant, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this Lynne - it's wonderful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, Lynne! I love how you do your journaling, writing along the images! Gorgeous! A wonderful background and fabulous colours. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful panel Lynne! I love the flicks of colour, & the journalled stems! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...