Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Hold onto your Scraps! by Alison Hall



 

 

When I make brayered backgrounds, I usually roll out my paint onto some scrap paper. On the one I used here, I'd used up some coloured grunge paste through a stencil too, & I knew it would make a wonderful background for a tag.
 
 

Ingredients 


Copier Paper
Artistic Outpost Stamp Sets - Typography & Whimsical Melange
Dylusions Ink Spray - Bubblegum Pink
Glue Stick

 

Instructions

 

1. Here's my piece of painted scrap. The stencilled Grunge Paste had been coloured with a little Bora Bora Fresco Finish paint. 
 


 

 

2. I cut a piece to roughly fit my size 8 tag, used a glue stick to adhere it, then trimmed around the edges.

 

3. I outlined the stencilled paste with a black watercolour pencil, then used a waterbrush to blend out the shadow.

 

4. I stamped the phrase with Jet Black Archival, then added some light stamping in the background. As the background was stamped onto paint, I could wipe off the ink a little with a baby wipe. I thought that phrase was quite appropriate!

 

5. I inked the edges of the tag with Black Soot Distress ink, then finished off with some ribbon & lace coloured with Dylusions Bubblegum Pink ink.

 

So, the moral of the story is...don't throw away those scraps! :-)

 

Hope you like my tag,
 

thanks for visiting,
 

Alison xxx

6 comments:

  1. As a devoted scrap saver myself, I love this, Alison. A very stylish tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Alison and those leafy fronds really stand out - I thought at first they were die cuts you clever thing!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours on this fabulous tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't quite work out what it is that is creating all that amazing depth, sat looking for a while & then it hit me, it's the pink ribbon. Such a clever way to finish your Tag, love the brayered background very much, fantastic saying too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous scrap tag - the textured grasses are wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...