Saturday, 16 August 2014

Go Confidently by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 
 

I just love the Alice Palace range of stamps by Crafty Individuals; they are such good fun to play with!
 

What I used…

Crafty Individuals Alice Palace Stamps – Penguins
Kaisercraft –
Confidence, Graffiti, Script

Carabelle Studio Stamps –
Texture Stars

Distress Ink –
Wild Honey, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers 
Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam
Crafters Workshop Template –
Mini Bricks

Memento Ink –
Tuxedo Black

Cosmic Shimmer Glue

White Gel Pen

White Stamping Card
 

What I did….


1. Started off by stamping the Penguins onto a rectangular piece of white card.

2. Then I covered the card with Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink using some Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam. 

3. After that I put the Brick mask down and gently rubbed over the surface in random areas with a baby wipe….don’t rub too hard or you will lift the surface of the card. This will lift off some of the colour and leave a subtle background effect.

4. Then I used a damp brush to lift some of the colour from the fronts of the penguins. After that I added a few orangey touches using a little Wild Honey Distress Ink

5. Using the Graffiti and Stars stamps I added a few bits of background stamping.

6. Then I stamped the wording, cut it out, edged with a little ink and glued in place.

7. Decided at this point it needed something else…..so grabbed some scissors and cut a couple of arrows, which I coloured with a bit of Distress ink, then stamped some script on before layering onto some white card trimming round and gluing in place.  Few white gel pen lines finished it off.
 

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 

Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. I shall try again to leave a comment! This is so lovely Lynne, I really love the way scraping the paint on gives the feeling of texture and the lady looks beautiful. Love the sentiment too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...