Saturday, 9 August 2014

Danger by Donna Ratcliff



 



A little while ago I had the Time Traveller set of stamps from Tim Holtz to play with and it was such a lovely set to use I thought I’d add The Chemist to my stamping arsenal!
 

What I used…


Tim Holtz Cling Mounted Set – The Chemist
Crafty Individuals Crafty Elements – Poison and Danger 
Distress InkBlack Soot, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Mowed Lawn, Pumice Stone, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers
Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam

Spectrum Noir Pens (TB1, TB2, EB1, EB2, FS1, FS2)

Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black
White Stamping Card

Silicone Glue
 

What I did….


1. Started off by stamping The Chemist and the text that come with the set onto a 6”x4” piece of white card.

2. Then using various shades of Distress Ink I set to work creating a very colourful background …

 
 
 
 

3. Then using a damp brush I lifted out a little colour from the shirt and hair by wetting and blotting, after that I flicked some water over the background and blotted that as well.
 
4. I stamped the bottles onto another piece of card, coloured with more Distress ink and cut them out. I also stamped the ‘Danger’ from the Crafty Individual Poison and Danger set and then cut that out as well.
 
5. Using some Spectrum Noir pens (Promarkers would work just as well) add a little colour to the chemist. The beauty of using alcohol markers over Distress ink is that being translucent they allow the colour of Distress to show through plus they don’t react with the ink so your pens are nice and safe.
 
6. Then I just glued bottles and word in place using silicone glue for extra dimension.
 
 
 
 
 

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. I love this Donna - the chemist is one of my fave sets of TH stamps - its lovely to see him! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely. One of my fav stamps too. Lovely colour combination. It's so nice to see a more contemporary colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...