Thursday, 21 August 2014

Butterfly Gift Box by Carol Fox


 
 

 

I haven’t altered a box for ages so I have decorated one this week to share with you. I have just used one set of stamps and quite basic items, so if you fancy having a go yourself it is not a project that you will need lots of stash for.

 

·       I gave my box a coat of cream paint. I then very lightly rubbed it down before giving it a 2nd coat. I used Honeydew Fresco paint as it is a nice aged cream colour and the chalky finish of the paint is a great surface to stamp onto.
 
 
 

 

·       I did all my stamping using black Archival ink, being careful that each side was dry before I moved onto the next so I did not get any smudges.

 

·       Once all my stamping was dry I lightly edged the box with black acrylic paint applied with a piece of Cut and Dry Foam. Before sealing it with Glue and Seal Medium.
 
 


 

·      To finish I added a button to the front as a faux knob.

  

Little boxes like these make great gifts and they are so quick to decorate.

 

I used 


 
 
Carol

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Carol and a stunning box for keepsakes etc. thank you for sharing the recipe.
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your altered box, Carol! Striking contrast between that cream and black acrylic ink for the stamping! Super images make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your little box is adorable Carol. Fab job !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely idea Carol and the stamped decoration looks just fab.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...