Wednesday, 13 August 2014

'Bluebird' Journal Page by Alison Hall


 

 

Hello crafty people! I have an inky journal page to share with you this week. I used a wonderful stencil technique that I discovered on Tiphanie's blog "Sunshine and Scrap".

 

Ingredients 


Dylusions Ink Spray - Fresh Lime & Vibrant Turquoise
Tim Holtz Tonic Studios Paper Distresser
Palette Knife
Heat Gun

 

Instructions 

 


1. Firstly, I used Tiphanie's technique. I spritzed the Mini Specimens template with the Dylusions inks, then turned it over onto the watercolour paper. Holding the template in place, I scraped Grunge Paste through it. I lifted the template carefully, then dried the ink & paste with a heat gun.
 

2. There were some straight edges of ink on my background, so I spritzed water first on the bottom edge, & allowed the ink to run & drip, then spritzed on the top, & turned my page upside down so this could drip to. I love drips!
 

3. I used the jet black Archival ink to stamp the words & small row of birds onto the background, then distressed the edges & inked them with Walnut Stain Distress ink.
 

4. Next, I stamped the bird image onto watercolour paper, and cut it out. I distressed the edges, inked with Walnut Stain Distress ink, then used a water brush to paint the birds with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink.
 

5. I stamped the 'Bluebird' phrase onto watercolour paper, cut it out, & inked with Walnut Stain.
 

6. I glued the image and words to my background, & matted my whole piece onto black card.
 

7. I finished off my page with some turquoise inky splatters. You can get good splatters by taking the whole top off the Dylusions bottle, & tapping the long plastic tubing over your art.

 

I hope my inky page inspires you to get inky too!

 

See you next Wednesday,

 

Alison xxx

10 comments:

  1. I love this - beautiful make xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An inky creation right up my street, fantastic colours and lovely bird stamps. Good to see you using Tiphanie's technique again, it looks fantastic:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Bluebird page!!! Y
    our background is gorgeous!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic page, Iove these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page, the colours are fantastic. the technique sounds fun, I understand it now as I didn't quite get it when I read it first time on Tiphanie's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful effect for that background.
    Lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great technique, thanks for sharing it - and what a fabulous page as a result! Love love the colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playing catch up again! Really beautiful page Alison and the colours look just stunning with the black stamping.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous page - great background and fab colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the coloring and the drippage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...