Saturday, 23 August 2014

A Trip to Paris by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 
 
I got my Artistic Outpost stamps out this week to create a little vintage postcard from Paris…..


What I used


 

What I did….


1. To create the background I splodged some Distress Inks onto my craft sheet, spritzed with a little water and swiped a rectangular piece of card through it. I repeated the process a couple of times until I was happy with the colour.

2. Then I stamped some script onto the background and then a few of the images from the Paris Exposition sheet, masking some off as I stamped to add to the feeling of depth. 

3. I then used a little more Distress Ink to paint in a bit of colour to the stamped images.

4. Next I took a bit of white paper, coloured it with some old paper Distress Ink (direct to paper technique) then spritzed with water, scrumpled the paper a bit, added a bit more colour and then dried.  After that I stamped the men and the advert from the Paris Exposition plate onto it.

5. Then I simply layered everything up and finished by stamping and gold embossing the numbers from the Generation Redux set which I then trimmed and mounted onto the postcard.
 

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week,  
 
Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. Stunning!! Fabulous layering of stamps and gorgeous colours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...