Thursday, 3 July 2014

Wax Heart by Carol Fox


 
 

 

My craft room is smelling lovely this week as I have had my melt pot out and have been playing with some wax and paper napkins to make a quick and easy background with a lovely vintage look to it.
 

 

 

 

I did this.

 

·       I put my project pan into position in my melt pot and added some wax granules to it, I turned my pot up to mid heat to melt these.
 

·       I keep a designated brush to use with wax as you can never get the brush clean and you do need to use a natural bristle brush as a nylon one will melt.
 

·       Once my wax was melted I gave my heart shape a very generous coat with it and let this dry.

 
·       My napkin was a 3ply napkin so I carefully peeled off the top patterned layer and this was the bit I used. I chose the bit of the pattern I wanted to use and laid this onto my heart shape over the dried wax. Keeping the heart shape on a craft mat I heated it with a heat gun until the wax melted and seeped up through the napkin sticking it to the heart. I let this cool. You can see from the following photo how the wax has changed the colour of the napkin I used.


 

 

 

·       I trimmed the napkin so there was a bit of spare to wrap around the back of the heart, smoothing and folding it, so it moulded to the shape of the heart; the heat of my hands helped to mould it with the recently melted wax that had run down the sides of the heart. I glued it to the back and covered then this with a piece of patterned paper. I edged the heart with a light dash of black acrylic paint.
 

·       I inked and made up my roses that I had die cut from some scrap paper, I then inked the edges of the petals with Gathered Twigs Distress ink, I also inked my die cut twig shape using Forest Moss.
 

·       I stuck these to my heart adding some beads, a quote and a strip of magnetic tape to the back of the heart so it could be used as a fridge magnet.

 

I used 


Wax
MDF Heart Shape
Napkin
Die Cut Flowers and Twig
Magnet Strip
Glossy Accents for gluing

 

Carol X

1 comment:

  1. Lovely heart using wax!! And I love your technique, thank you for sharing the details Carol. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...