Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Top Bird by Alison Hall






Hello crafty people! I have a textured tag to share with you this week.


Here's what I used...


Corrugated packaging
Tim Holtz Tag Die
Fresco Finish Paint - Snowflake, Chocolate Pudding, Bora Bora, London Bus
Carabelle Studio Stamps - Honeycomb Collage, Woman & Bird
Burgundy Organza Ribbon



This is what I did...


1. I started by die-cutting my tag from the corrugated packaging, then ripping off the top layer. I brayered Snowflake Fresco paint over the ridges, then inked the edges with Potting Soil Archival.

2. I used my Gelli Plate to create a blue & brown background, & a red one, then stamped the Carabelle Studio Honeycombe Collage and the bird from 'Woman & Bird' onto both colours.

3. I cut out part of the blue/brown Honeycomb Collage, inked the edges with Potting Soil Archival, then glued it to the tag.

4. I cut out a few hexagons from the red Honeycomb Collage, inked the edges, then glued them onto the blue/brown.

5. I cut out a red Honeycomb border, inked the edges, then glued it to the bottom of the tag.

6. I cut out the blue/brown bird, & the bird's red crown, inked the edges, then glued in place, as shown in the photo.

7. On the red background, I used small alphabet stamps to stamp the words, then cut them out, inked them, & glued them to the tag.

8. I used the white Sharpie marker to add some dots, then threaded some organza ribbon through the top of the tag. 

9. I finished off by using a heat gun to heat & curl the organza ribbon.


Thanks for dropping by,

I'll be back next Wednesday with some more art to share.



Alison xxx

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful tag Alison. I made it into the shop today, what a store, a Craftets paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow i so love this! love the texture, color and design. so much fun. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you cut into the hexagons to make a border and the colour combo is perfect. Brilliant tag, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waouhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Superbe
    Bravo
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture is fabulous - the hexagon border is clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous corrugated tag! I just love that texture and the bird is beautiful too! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun Top Bird tag you created Alison with some great textures too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous tag Alison - love the textures.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...