Wednesday, 16 July 2014

The Whole World's Joy by Alison Hall



 
 
 
 

I've been playing with Gelatos in my art journal again, & I created a bright and colourful page to share with you.

 

Here's what I used... 


Faber-Castell Gelatos - Pistachio, Cotton Candy, Mango & Bubble Gum
Matt Medium 
Old Music Sheet

 

This is what I did...

 


1. On watercolor cardstock, I scribbled the Gelatos randomly, then blended them with my finger.
 

2. I placed the Stencil Girl stencil over the top, then used a baby wipe to wipe out the colour. I trimmed off 3 thin strips of my background, to use as the flower stems, cut them to size, & inked the edges with black Archival. 
 

3. Next, I used Jet Black Archival ink to stamp the flourish from HP1007 around my page, then inked the edges with black.
 

4. I glued the 'flower stems' to my page, then roughly tore 3 circles from old music sheet, & glued them in place. I used journaling pens to add some doodling to the flowers & stems.
 

5. I inked up one of the dotty circles from EEV06 with black Archival, & stamped the flower centres.

 
6. Finally, I stamped the phrase from HP1007 on card, cut it out, inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink, then glued it in place on my page.
 
 
 
Thanks for dropping by,

 

Alison xxx

10 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love how you did the background with the gelatos. So bright and cheery :) Fabulous!! ~Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page, Alison, love the background and the gorgeous stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joyful page, Alison. I love the baby wipe/stencil/gelato effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a truly sunny and bright creation! I love the contrast of the warm, vivid colours with the black and the sentiment is lovely. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with my stencil! So bright, so full of wonderful layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Alison. So colourful and beautifully detailed too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant!
    What I love the most is the sheet music circles against that amazing background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous glowing colours - and like Lynne I love the musical flowers!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...