Monday, 14 July 2014

Scraplings by Deborah



 

From my stash: mini alphabet stamps, off-cuts of coloured card
 

If you like making square cards from an A4 sheet you always end up with a narrow strip left. Don't throw these off-cuts away - one of the things you can do make them into scraplings. These are basically ultra slim cards which can come in handy if you want to send a quick thank you card or note.

I used one main stamp set and the same technique for all. First I sprayed a couple of pieces of white card with ink sprays, making sure I didn't mix the colours. I sprayed both sides so I had various colour combinations to choose from and dried with a heat gun. Then I cut them into 2" strips, and arranged the various houses, which I had previously stamped and coloured. I also cut 2" from the length of each strip as well so that they fitted my folded off-cuts. I added extra splotches with PaperArtsy Mini 72 on a couple of them for extra texture.

Each house needed grounding so I added stamping , mostly in black - and a little stencilling. I edged each piece with water soluble pastels (substitute Gelatos) which I also used to add patches of colour  where the background was a little pale, then stuck each strip to my folded off-cuts.

If scraplings aren't your thing you could always cut them at the fold and make bookmarks, or add all three strips to one card  as a triptych.
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Wow - they are great - I love all three... such a great way to use up offcuts, and completely delightful in their own right.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely fab Debs and such a great way to use up those leftovers too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get so many of these offcuts from my cards and now you've inspired me to use them far more creatively Deborah. LOVE the way these look, both together and as stand alones. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three scraplings are amazing, love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea and I love all three of your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful Deb, love those funky dwellings! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...