Sunday, 27 July 2014

If Something Made Sense For A Change by Lynne Moncrieff





 

Some weeks ago I shared a journal page where I used one of the stamps from Oxford Impressions’ My Story. For this week I returned to the same stamp with a slightly grungy meets feminine.

I was always the child who coloured within the lines and whose handwriting was neat (although many a time there was the statement that I must write larger!) and would neatly erase mistakes. I liked the idea of the woman writing in her diary/her journal and as she is trying to make sense of the thoughts which pour from her mind onto the page, instead of carefully erasing her written thoughts, she scribbles over the handwritten words which make no sense to her.

 

SUPPLIES

Oxford Impressions Stamp Sets My Story and Wonderland
Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Paint:- Alice Blue, Jasmine, First Bud, Shallow Sea
Golden Gel Medium
Golden Gesso (That’s Crafty has several brands)
Black Stabilo Pencil
Extras:- white tissue paper, pink paper flower, old credit card (or similar), rose lace ribbon and lace

 

INSTRUCTIONS

Apply Gesso to art journal page. Adhere torn pieces of lace and rose lace trim. Leave to dry before randomly applying paints using old credit card, palette knife, baby wipe and of course, fingers.

Mix Alice Blue and Shallow Sea with texture paste. Apply to page with Mini Love Stencil (Love Post). 

Stamp woman and Alice In Wonderland text onto tissue paper, adhering to page with Mod Podge. Once dry, scribble pencil onto first line of Alice text then swipe Black Soot over the pencil.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

Randomly stamp Dina Wakley handwriting before randomly swiping on Gesso. 
 
 
 

 
 

Stamp Dina Wakley handwriting onto paper flower then apply Black Soot. Adhere a lace rose to the flower’s centre, dabbing Black Soot onto it.
 

Until next week,


Lynne

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful creative make Lynne. The background is wonderful with those amazing layers of paints and stencils. A wonderful story and the idea of the scribble is genius

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful creation Lynne.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Lynne, love this creative mixed media piece, wonderful random layers of Gesso and paint which in combination with those wonderful stamps, makes for a stunning page, - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journal page Lynne. Really interesting too. Your writing is perfect Lynne. I am a scribbler. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Lynne, very pretty! I love the whole grungy meets feminine style, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely story behind this fabulous page !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lynne! What a gorgeous page! I love the beautiful image, details and color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely idea for a journal page! I love the colour and the Grunge meets feminine effect. I am having some problems with commenting on your Wordpress blog at present, but I will persevere. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the freedom and depth of this lovely creation Lynne.
    Free to be talented you!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just seeing if Wordpress will let me comment this time!. I do love the colours on this beautiful journal spread! I left a comment on That's Crafty/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous feminine grunge - what a beautiful piece of art journalling.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous journal page, I love your story behind it.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your story, Lynne, both the real one and the one of your BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. THE BACKGROUND IS SO BEAUTIFUL, with the painted layers, and in those lovely tones. Wonderful flower, and love the stamped schriptures .
    Hug from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...