Saturday, 12 July 2014

Eyes Open by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 

Time to play with new stamps, I love how well the stamps from Carabelle Studio stamp - really crisp and clean. Think I’m going to turn this into the cover of a notebook, just need to cut myself some pages!
 

Carabelle Studio Stamps – Keep Eyes Open, Texture Stars
Kaisercraft Stamps –
Graffiti

Distress Ink –
Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Pumice Stone

DecoArt Multi Surface Paint –
Cotton Ball

Memento Ink –
Tuxedo Black
 
 

What I did….


1. First off I made my background by blending Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey and Pumice Stone Distress inks onto a piece of white card, then splashed with water for faux bleached effect and then lightly stamped some of the stars with Pumice Stone.

2. Then I stamped the girl using black Memento ink. Gave it a quick blast with the heat gun to make sure the ink was dry before using a wet paintbrush to lift the background colour from her face. Then I applied a wash of Pumice Stone Distress ink to her face.

3. I used the Graffiti stamp around the edges and stamped more of the stars. Then I blended more Pumice Stone around the edges to darken a little.

4. I used some white paint and using the lid off the paint and a pen lid made some white circles randomly over the piece. Then stamped the wording and layered up on black and white card to finish.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 

Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. I love those stamps, a fab piece of art!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...