Thursday, 17 July 2014

By The Sea by Carol Fox


 


 

 

I am a bit of a sucker for anything beach related so this set of stamps from Oxford Impressions did make my heart beat a little bit faster, and then it sank when I received them as they were photographic, oh why have I never learnt to read things properly. BUT and it’s a big BUT these are about the easiest photographic stamps I have ever stamped with. First time perfect impression, It usually takes me 6 or 7 goes and a lot of faffing in-between to get a decent image, but it was, stamp, ink, bosh on the paper, perfect image, and I just used Ranger Archival, so I got my heart out of my boots where it had sunk when I received them, and made this.

 

·       I gave my hut a coat of gesso and I then painted it with thinned down Bora Bora Paint from the PaperArtsy Fresco range, I just thinned it with a bit of water as I wanted a bit of a patchy finish, and although this not apparent in the photo’s trust me it’s there. I painted both the inside and the outside.
 

·       I dry brushed a bit of Mocha paint over it, wiping it with a baby wipe as I went to it was just a light layer to break up the blue and to distress it all a bit more.
 
 


 

·       I stamped directly onto the roof and sides with black Archival ink and then edged all the edges of the hut with black paint.

 
·       I did not want the back inside of the hut plain blue so I cut a piece of paper to shape and stamped onto this with the beach hut from the Artistic Outpost set, By The Sea, once coloured I stuck it in place.

 
·       All my images I stamped onto off white card, and coloured them with Distress inks, some I applied directly with an applicator, some I used from my craft mat with a water colour pen to pick up the colour.
 

 
 
 

·       I added them all as shown in the photos. Popping the tickets on the back with a Tim Holtz clip.

 
·       The number I used on the front is one from an old game of Lotto.

 

I used the following things 


Beach Hut
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memo Pins
Cream Card

 

Carol x

2 comments:

  1. Love this Carol, makes me want to go to the beach! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project, Carol !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...