Thursday, 26 June 2014

Secrets of the Sea Tag by Carol Fox



 

 

I keep a jar on my desk which I keep Post it Notes in that I write all the odd stamps on that I have never used. If I have had a stamp longer than 3 weeks and not used it, it goes on a post it note in the jar. Then if I need a poke in the crafty department I pull one out and that is the stamp I use. That is what I did this week because I felt very lacking in inspiration. The name of this Lost Coast stamp came out, so here is my project for this week using it, I must admit I had no idea where this was going when I started it, so here’s hoping for the best.

  

I did this

 

·       I spritzed my tag with water and then thoroughly sprayed it with Dylusions White Linen, while the ink was wet I sprayed on Crushed Grape and London Blue, letting them pool and mix on the tag and then letting the whole thing air dry with no blotting.
 

·       I stamped the Seahorse using black Archival ink. I then roughly masked my image and added some gesso to the background through a stencil.
 

·       I put a couple of spots of Dylusions inks on my craft mat and picked these up with a watercolour pen and added the colours to my image, I then highlighted areas of it with a white Sharpie pen.
 

·       I ran some black paint around the edge and over the ring hole and now sat and looked at it for a long while.........
 

·       I decided to add the tentacles from the Doodle Parts set by stamping them onto card, cutting them out and layering them onto my tag, I then coloured them.
 

·       I added my single word to the bottom of the tag.
 

·       I edged my word and tag with some hand drawn lines.

 

I used the following items 



 

Carol X

1 comment:

  1. I have so many uninked stamps Carol...what a brilliant idea!
    Your tag is fabulous!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...