Sunday, 22 June 2014

My Story, My Secrets (Journal Page) by Lynne Moncrieff



 

 

This journal page came about because of a scrap of pattern paper which somehow was lying around, odd as I cannot remember when I last used pattern paper! 

That scrap led me to particular paint choices as I continue to try to embrace colour a little bit more than I would otherwise do and yes, I did use that piece of paper on this journal page.

Laura has recently added Oxford Impressions My Story to the shop, a wonderful stamp set.

 

SUPPLIES

Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Paints:- Blush, Shallow Sea, Alice Blue and Honeysuckle
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish:- Blush, Sherbert
TCW Mini Specimens
IndigoBlu Slap It On
Watercolour Paper (the art journal page I used is watercolour paper)
Heat Gun
Extras:- scraps of lace and pattern paper, tissue paper, baby wipes and lace rose trim

 

INSTRUCTIONS

Apply torn pattern paper and lace scraps with Gel Medium. Use brayer to ensure good adhesion. 
 
 
 
 

Apply paints with palette knife and baby wipes. Ensure some of the pattern on the paper shines through.
 

Stamp woman  and my story with StazOn onto tissue paper. Adhere with Slap It On. 
 
 
 
 
 

Stamp See me! Can you see me? directly onto the page. Re-ink, partially covering  the text with post-it-note or scrap paper. 
 

Apply paints directly from the bottle onto the page and use fingers to blend onto page.
 

Mix texture paste with Shallow Sea and apply to TCW Mini Specimens stencil, working with only two of the butterflies. 
 
 
 
 
 

Finally the only form of embellishment was a piece of lace rose trim – apply heat from heat gun directly onto the trim, allowing it to shrink before applying Blush and Shallow Sea.

 

Until next week,



Lynne

18 comments:

  1. I love the delicious soft colors and all that texture! Fun stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like how you've mixed the paint, paper and lace to create a wonderfully dreamy background. Great stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful textured background and another great stamp set from OI.

    Thank you for sharing this amazing journal page Lynne

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you branch out into journalig Lynne. This is very different for you, but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Lynne, Love the soft colours & stamps...fantastic texture too... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've used some of your 'signature' elements like lace and the floral trim; but in a newer, more abstract way. I especially like the way you applied the paint - and the colour looks fabulous. This is a great journal page, which reminds me of a vintage movie. The lady's face reminds me a little of the beautiful actress Jane Wyman for some reason - sorry, she's not that well known now - love old films from even before my time!!! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work - I keep meaning to try the tissue paper technique - thanks for the memory jog!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really beautiful page, very romantic and unusual with the lace! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous page Lynne, sweet and romantic, quite unusual I think but very beautiful. Wishing you a lovely end of week-end with sun I hope! Bises, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! Love the colors and your stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your use of color is very pleasing and what a gorgeous outcome Lynne!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to start journaling ,too, your page is wonderful, dear Lynne. The way you added the colours mixed with lovely papers and lace, gives a gorgeous background.it is so special and also so beautiful with the extra colour, and lovely butterflyes.
    Hug and smiles,
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your page, the soft colours, the lace and paper scraps, yummy !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful Lynne. Love the colours and shabby effect and the stamping is awesome.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally delightful and gorgeous Lynne. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your arty page Lynne...adding those stamps to my wish list!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely to see you dipping in to colour inspired by that pretty patterned paper. Love the stamping!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Lynne, love the colours,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...