Thursday, 12 June 2014

Friendship Tag by Carol Fox


 

 



I have been playing with the DecoArt Multi Surface Paints again this week, their creamy texture makes them great to use with stencils as they do not tend to seep under the plastic.

 

What I did

 

·       I first added quite a lot of gesso through a stencil to my Kraft tag, I really like the look of gesso on the Kraft card and I quite often use this as my first step on Kraft.
 

·       I next added Deep Turquoise through a stencil to the background, followed by some stamping with black Archival ink using the Grunge Stamp.
 

·       I now added a bit of dry brushing using the Lipstick Paint.
 

·       My quote was stamped onto black card with embossing ink and followed by the white opaque embossing powder. Once heated this looked like chalk, so I added to the effect by gently chalking the background of the card, I layered this onto white card and then glued it into position on me tag.
 

·       I stamped my imaged, stuck it down and then coloured it using Distress markers, picking up the colour from my craft mat with a water colour pen.
 

·       My arrow I stamped onto heavy cream card using red Archival ink, I cut this out and layered it onto my tag.
 

·       I ran black acrylic paint round the edges of the tag, finishing it with a short length of ribbon.

 

I used 


Scrap of Ribbon

 

Carol x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...