Saturday, 14 June 2014

Doll Tag by Donna Ratcliff


 
 
 
 

You’re never too old to play with dolls! Mind you if I’m honest I was one of those little girls who would rather play with an Action Man doll than a girlie doll like Barbie or whatever! However playing with these Julie Nutting Doll stamps is lots of fun!!
 
Dylusions Stamps – Around the Edge
Crafty Individuals Stamps – Flower Heads CI206
Kaisercraft Stamps - Confidence, Script, Bubble Wrap
Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black
Gelli Print from my stash
Green Ribbon
 
 
 
What I did….
 
1. First of all I cut myself a large tag using the packaging that the doll stamp comes in as a template. Then I coloured it with Spun Sugar and Pumice Stone Distress ink before adding a little interest with  a bit of background stamping using the Script and Bubble Wrap stamps by Kaisercraft.
 
2. Then I stamped the leaves from the Dylusions Around the Edge set in black, removed some of the background colour with a damp paintbrush and then coloured the leaves with Mowed Lawn Distress ink.
 
 
 
 
 

3. Then I stamped the Julia Nutting doll onto some white card, cut her out and coloured her skin and hair with Promarkers. I stamped it again onto a gelli print I had in my stash but this time I only inked up the dress and hair band part. I cut these out and glued them onto the coloured doll.
 
4. I stamped some flowers from Crafty Individuals Flower Head sheet, coloured them lightly with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink and then glued them in place onto the lines of leaves.
 
5. I stamped the sentiment onto some white card, cut it out inked the edges slightly so it fitted with the colour scheme of tag and glued in place. Then I glued the figure in place using some 3D glue gel/silicone to give a little dimension before finishing the tag with some green ribbon.
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
 
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Donna and she's my favourite doll stamp too.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...