Monday, 26 May 2014

Viva Frida! by Deborah




 

 

A recent television programme about Frida Kahlo reminded me to dig out my Lost Coast Frida stamp and I set about making this tag.

For the background I cut into a large sheet I had sprayed with Dylusions inks and a number a Crafter's Workshop stencils. I like the stamp with the inky side of the stencil for variation and to fill in gaps. Once I had glued it to my tag I filled in the rest of the white space with water soluble pastels (eg Gelatos).

I stamped Frida onto a scrap of painted paper (from cleaning my brayer during a gelli printing session) and positioned her on the tag. Frida Kahlo is often shown (in photographs and her own self portraits) wearing elaborate flowered headdresses so I stamped the flowers from the Paisley Road Flower stamp set onto scraps of painted paper, cut them out and glued them onto her head. I added extra colour to them with pencils and pastels.

I stamped the same flowers randomly around the edge of the tag, words onto her shawl and a lace border (Vintage Vanity) at the top. Rather than add any ribbon or braid I glued a wood veneer shape on top of the hole.
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Debs this is absolutely stunning and your background looks just amazing - love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning tag. It really zings. I love the patch of blue behind her head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An incredible burst of riotous colour - amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a jaw-droppingly brilliant tag, Deborah - wow!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful tag - love the image and the colours are fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...