Thursday, 22 May 2014

Tweet Tweet by Carol Fox



  
 

 

I have altered a ceramic wall tile for my project today, it’s just a basic tile that you can get from any DIY store.

 

What I did

 

·       My tile was glossy so I started by prepping it with a coat of Fresco Snowflake paint, I sponged it on with a piece of cut and dry foam using a light pouncing motion until an even coverage was achieved, I let this dry thoroughly.
 

·       I stamped my bird directly onto my tile using black Archival ink and again onto a post-it note to mask it off on the tile. I heat set my image on the tile.
 

·       I masked my image and then used Picked Raspberry Distress paint applied with a pouncing action using a piece of cut and dry to cover the whole of the exposed area.
 

·       I then used Salty Ocean and a rubber stamp to add colour, followed with some white gesso sponged through a stencil. I avoided the area where I would be stamping my words.

 


 

·       I now very gently removed my mask, and stamped my words. I now added a tiny bit of blue stamping to the bottom corner below the words to tie it all together.

 

 

 

·       I now painted my bird using acrylic paints. I used the colours I had on my craft mat from colouring my tile, adding in yellow and using white to vary the shades.
 

·       I edged my tile with the yellow paint when I had finished colouring my bird.
 

·       When it was dry I gave it a coat of glue and seal to protect it.

 

I used

 

4 comments:

  1. i love this! so bright and pretty. thanks for sharing the tips. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute altered tile Carol and love the bright colours.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and hope to try something similar!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...