Wednesday, 7 May 2014

'Timeless' Card by Alison Hall


 
We are delighted to welcome Alison Hall as our guest designer for May.
 
 


 

 

"Hello! Alison (aka Craftytrog) here. I'm delighted to be joining That's Crafty as a guest designer for May. 

For my first project, I have a painty card to share with you.

 

Here's a list of the ingredients...
 

Kraft Card

 

and here's how I made my card...
 

I recently made a mixed media masterboard, using Fresco Finish paints, Archival inks, & small pieces of Ideaology tissue wrap. I used a 6x4" piece of this as my base. I embossed the edges using Frantage Aged Silver Embossing Enamel.



 
 

I stamped the 3 faces image from PaperArtsy Lynne Perrella Plate LPC006 onto white card, using jet black Archival ink. I cut out the individual faces, so you will need to stamp the image twice in order to get the middle face. 
 

I took 3 Tando Mini Arch Frames, & painted them with 2 layers of Mermaid Fresco Finish paint. I then embossed the edges, using the Frantage Aged Silver Embossing Enamel, to match my base. I glued the Lynne Perrella faces behind each frame, then used Glossy Accents to attach them to the base.
 

I attached a Tim Holtz Chit Chat Word Sticker to white card for stability, cut it out, then embossed the edges with the Frantage Aged Silver Embossing Enamel. I used Glossy Accents to attach it to my base.

 
 
 
 


I matted my artwork onto black card, then attached it to a kraft card blank.
 

I added Glossy Accents to the cheeks & monocle on the images, then also inside the hearts. I sprinkled some silver microbeads into the hearts to finish.

 

Thanks for visiting...I'll be back next Wednesday with my second project.

 

Alison xxx"

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation in my favorite colors and that embossing enamel is a very posh finishing touch too!
    This looks fabulous!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, love the pop of orange. Do like the arches with embossed edges, a perfect embellishment to match your glorious masterboard! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation, love the pop of orange. Do like the arches with embossed edges, a perfect embellishment to match your glorious masterboard! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, love the pop of orange. Do like the arches with embossed edges, a perfect embellishment to match your glorious masterboard! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation, love the pop of orange. Do like the arches with embossed edges, a perfect embellishment to match your glorious masterboard! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation, love the pop of orange. Do like the arches with embossed edges, a perfect embellishment to match your glorious masterboard! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love your colors. Those stamps are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab stamped images Alison, background is lovely and great idea to emboss the edges xxxx Oh and well done on your DT spot xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alison :-) Welcome to That's Crafty! for the month of May. Love that masterboard and the beautiful blue arches - what a stunner of a card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alison, that's just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful, Alison - I love your trio of arches with that gorgeous silvered embossing creating the frames. Such a pretty background too... Congrats on a fab GD spot!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is you at your superb, painty best! I love the master-board you created with the lovely Fresco shades and those images of Lynne Perrella are brilliantly show-cased. Huge Congrats on this GD spot! You really deserve it, Alison. Your work is so inspiring! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me fooled as I was so sure you were armed with a soldering iron for those little houses!
    Love the masterboard and the use of Lynne's stamps. What a stunning first GD project, eager to see what your next creation will be.
    Lovely to have you with us :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulously shabby chic and textured creation Alison and it's lovely to have you on the team this month.
    looking foward to your next creation.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful Alison and congratulations on your DT spot.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just catching up, congrats on the GDT and super job done for your first project x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...