Friday, 9 May 2014

Smarter Than You Think by Fliss Goodwin


 
 
 

 

Hi there, I have something a bit different for you this week which came about because I love the look of Pergamano, and in particular the whitework elements but I don’t have the patience required to do this. It got me thinking about how I could get a similar effect without spending ages creating it and this is what I came up with.

 

Here’s What You Need: 

Stamps Used:


Vellum – such as the Strathmore Bristol Artist Tiles
Blue Paper
 
 

Here’s How To:
 

·       Stamp 3 flowers on to vellum with the VersaMark ink (I used the medium sized image) and heat emboss with the white detail powder. Allow the images to cool, then cut the flowers out.

 
 



 

·       Die cut an ornate frame from vellum with the largest die in the set. As vellum is quite tough, you might need to run it through the die cutting machine a couple of times to get a clean cut. Stamp the uplifting text from the Typography set in the upper left corner with the VersaMark ink then heat emboss as before.

 

·       I now have a tip for you on sticking the vellum elements to the card as being quite see through, double sided tape will show. I solved this problem by stamping the lattice design on a scrap of vellum and heat embossing as before. I then cut the embossed vellum into tiny squares, which I used to hide the corners where I stuck the frame to the card.

 

·       I assembled the card as you see, adding further tiny squares to 3 corners to bring the design together.

  

As you can see, this is a lot quicker than the real thing but I think it’s quite effective – in fact my hubby said he liked it totally without prompting!

 

See you next week.

 

Fliss x

3 comments:

  1. It does look really effective, Fliss, and very elegant. Those flowers look great in white on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - the vellum flowers work so well creating a really delicate look. Lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...