Thursday, 8 May 2014

Scribbly Woman Hanger by Carol Fox




 

I have a door hanging for my project this week using the Scribbly Women set of stamps.

  

What I did

 

·       I painted my door hanger with a coat of Rose paint, when dry I added a layer of crackle medium, and when this was dry I painted a coat of Nougat over the top. I painted a very thin layer as I wanted a fine crackle finish.
 

·       I stamped my image directly onto the painted door hanger using black Archival ink, I heat dried it, this gave me a guide for the area to avoid when I added my background.
 

·       I used various stamps and stencils with paints and inks for my background. Once I was happy with the colours, I went over it with a large design stencil and white gesso.
 
 
·       I coloured my image using the odd paints and inks I had on my desk.
 

·       I added a splash of red using the Mini Love Post stencil by Crafters Workshop.
 

·       I put a spot of black paint on my craft mat and using a piece of cut and dry foam I ran round the edges of the door hanger.
 

·       I stamped the stain stamp using black Archival ink.
 

·       I sponged a piece of paper with blue paint and then stamped my quote into this, I cut it up and glued it into position, I drew round this with a black pen.

  

I used 


Stencils: Crafters Workshop, Tim Holtz Stars and Lin Brown 001 (PaperArtsy)
Archival Inks: Black, Magenta Hue and Blue Violet
Gesso
Black pen
 
 

Carol x

7 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Carol, I love your background! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your door hanger.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a door hanger with definite character an female charm, Carol! This is just amazing and I do love it. So glad you sent me here! About to go shopping...you are such an enabler, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always happy to help Kay. lol

      Delete
  4. Fab hanger Carol and just love the distressed effects you've created.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ... this looks so very, very awesome!! Prfect doorhanger and the most gorgeous images and colors. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks even better up close and personal, very well explained as well !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...