Monday, 5 May 2014

Pringle Pots by Deborah




 

Stencil Girl: Layered Salad
The Crafter's Workshop: Mini Chunky Chevron; Mini Love Post
Gelli Plate
Speedball Brayer
Distress Paints: Seedless Preserves, Spun Sugar
Ink Sprays including Dylusions, Adirondack Colour Wash and Glimmer Mists
Double Sided Tape
White Paper
Paper Trimmer
Die Cuts
40g Pringles Tubes
 

I have a weakness for Pringles (Original only) so I try to confine myself to the smaller 40g tubes. It is simple to decorate these tubes and use them for craft storage - pens, small stamps, embellishments etc (you probably want to wipe the inside out with paper towel first). Or you could use them to house small gifts.

I've wrapped a couple of these in strips of stencilled paper - one mono printed using a gelli plate, the other using various ink sprays. (I can't tell you which colour ink sprays I used because I've started mixing them together or topping them up with water when they are almost empty.)
 
 
 
 

It's best to fill an entire A4 sheet of paper and then cut the strips to a depth of 8cm. I used a paper trimmer. I secured the ends with double sided tape. For the lids I simply drew round the bottom of the tube and stuck the circle to the inside of the clear plastic lid, again using a small piece of double sided tape.

I added die cut circles and stars to one to cover the join but you could add labels or stamped images.
 
 
Deborah

9 comments:

  1. I must get myself some Pringles now! Fab project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful idea - great excuse to eat some pringles xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly fabulous Debs and such a great idea too. Must put those on my shopping list!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really good Deb and the perfect size for crayons etc, (salt and vinegar is my fav!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you force yourself to eat the two tubs of Pringles for the sake of your art!!!!
    This such a fabulous alteration as the end result is practical as well as stunning to look at.
    Brilliant!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so cool... the one I have sitting around is a large one, so I may have to rethink that!! Fab colours and designs.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fab, such a great idea Deb! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I particularly like the colours on the left-hand one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful project and a great idea.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...