Monday, 12 May 2014

New Oceans by Deborah




 

 

For this simple card I started off with one - very vague - idea and changed course mid-stream. So I began by masking off the markings on the sand dollar stencil, placing it directly onto my card front, placing the Fabric stencil on top, then spraying with a light blue ink spray. My spray is custom made from Dylusions Sky Blue (discontinued) mixed with a shimmery spray called Sea Glass but really any light blue spray will do eg London Blue. Once I had removed the stencils and blotted with paper towel I sat and looked at the card front for a while.

I decided to use the stylised wave stamp from the IndigoBlu set, stamping it twice to frame the white space in the middle where the sand dollar stencil would be. Then I just carried on using the stamp - and Versafine Majestic Blue to cover the rest of the 'frame'.

I used the same ink to stamp the sentiment in the middle, then stamped the seahorses onto a piece of stamping paper. I used small craft scissors to cut them out then glued them in place.
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful,lovely design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous design - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really amazing wavy effect Debs and I think I can smell the salty air :)
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely Deb. That wave stamp is great x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing sense of movement on your card - wow.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous card. I love the watery border and sea horses have always fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those ocean swirls and the seahorses are fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...