Sunday, 25 May 2014

Hot Chocolate, Drinking Chocolate by Lynne Moncrieff


 
 

 

To end the month of May, I am sharing another Artistic Outpost card. This card picks up on elements used in the other cards I have shared this month, using stencils, modelling paste and paints to create backgrounds. 

BTW, the title for this post harks back to my childhood when those words were part of a jingle, advertising what was, at the time, one of the most well known brands of Hot Chocolate on the market. It was so lovely, especially as it cooled, a skin formed on top! I still love hot chocolate but you will be glad to read that my taste buds are slightly more sophisticated than they were back then!

 

Supplies 

TCW Mini Ledger Stencil
Distress Paint:- Pumice Stone and Tea Dye
Manila Shipping Tag (substitute with Ranger ManilaTags)
White Cardstock and 7”x5” Cardbase
Extras:- Dissolved walnut ink crystals (substitute with Distress Stain Walnut Stain), wooden button and burlap.
 

Instructions 

Background:-  
 

Onto watercolour paper apply Maimeri Light Modeling Paste to Mini Ledger Stencil. 
 

Once dry apply dissolved walnut ink crystals, Distress Paints and Twinkling H20s.  Manipulate the paints as you dry with the heat gun. Adhere watercolour panel to cardbase. 
 

Stamp blots (Times Past) with StazOn. Lay panel aside for the moment. 
 
 
 
 
 

Apply paints to shipping tag. Stamp advertisement with StazOn. Re-ink Houten’s, stamping onto bottom edge of tag. Abrade and ink edges of tag and stain the string with the dissolved walnut ink crystals. 
 


 
 

Apply dissolved walnut ink crystals and H20s to white cardstock. Stamp various stamps. Ink all edges.
  
 
 
 

Gather the tag, stamped elements, burlap and large wooden button, creating a collage on the cardbase.
 
  
 

 

Until next week,

 

Lynne

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous! The background with the dissolved crystals looks amazing, and of course, beautiful stamping like always. Love the sepia tones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, this collage is fabulous, I love the way you did the painty background and like Astrid says, I love the wonderful sepia tones that you have achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant work Lynne - great sepia tones - fabulous texture and love the stamps - wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, I remember that advert and how we all used to see who could say it the fastest !!
    Love the wonderful background y have created and the stunning layers. A gorgeous project

    TFS and crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you do with your walnut ink crystals Lynne, you always create stunning backgrounds!
    This is a beautiful piece of art!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that slogan too, Lynne. Nowadays for me it's not proper hot chocolate unless it's 90% whipped cream and mini marshmallows :-) Love the wonderful ageing techniques on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stenciled background, is once more fantastic, dear Lynne.
    And I love the colours, and stamps, it looks so wonderful with the boy on top of all the old texts.
    A gorgeous art piece in the sepia tones I love !
    Hug and x
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apart from craving a hot chocolate now(!) you've given me some great ideas with this one Lynne. Love this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I well remember as a little girl running along to keep warm and chanting that jingle as I went! Somehow the thought of the comforting hot drink helped create a feeling of cosiness! This card is so inspiring. I love the use of the walnut crystals. What a terrific background and the boy and text are perfect. I really want to play with some of these techniques on my next card! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i don't remember the jingle, but i adore the card ... fabulous Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my I do love every tiny bit of this, the background is gorgeous, then the tag is gorgeous, I too love that walnut ink, what a glorious brown creation full of inspiration for all of us, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work Lynne, I adore the background & brilliant image....I now need Chocolate!!! so many wonderful techniques...Love it... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. An absolutely wonderful creation Lynne and all the coffee tones look fabulous and go so well with your theme too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is one great cup of cocoa, Lynne! I love those AO images and wished I had picked those up! This is absolutely beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely brilliant use of one of my favourite stamp sets... the walnut crystals have done you proud, creating such a wonderful inky textured look. Love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous creation Lynne.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...